since you have a girlfriend here, i think ang pwede mong kuning type of visa is the tourist visa. malaki ang possibility na makapunta ka here when your girlfriend invite you. one reason is japanese ang girlfriend mo and the other one is sa america ka nakatira or permanent visa ka there right now. i think magiging iba ang treatment sa iyo when you apply for tourist visa down there.
so the procedure will be the following:
1. kindly check first the necessary documents needed for visa application dyan mismo sa japanese embassy in america. maybe nasa homepage nila. maybe there is an information about it. maybe wala rin siguro kasi free to enter ang mga americans here sa japan, meaning no need for visa about it. baka may pagkakaiba so paki confirm mo muna.
2. if the same procedure in the philippines ang magiging guideline mo to apply a toursit visa there in america, you need the following additional documents na kailangang ipadala sa iyo ng girlfriend mo.
INVITATION LETTER(Japanese Letter is much better)
in this letter, make sure na nakasulat ang main reason kung bakit ka ininvite ng GF mo. please also note na mas better kung ilalagay mo sa letter na hindi mag girlfriend or boyfriend ang relationship nyo. but a fiancee relationship is much better daw. as a proof of your relationship na nakalagay sa invitation letter mo, also attach some picture(a new one) na magkasama kayo, a love letter if you have also will do, a xerox copy of the phone card that you use to call her(proof that you have a communication with each other), or maybe a copy of the chat conversation that you have in the net. all of this will sounds a little bit strange to you or meron bang importance para iprepare pa ito. well, malaki na kasi ang pagbabago ngayon sa immigration. di sila basta basta nagbibigay ng visa lalo na sa atin mga pinoy dahil sa mga bad records din ng ilang kababayan natin. just writing an invitation letter is not enough nowadays. you always need a supporting document to stand your words.
now, for the other documents needed, just check the homepage of immigration office. if im not mistaken, below are the main documents you will needed. paki double check na lang sa immigration hp.
1. Letter of Guaranty (MIMOTO HSYOUNIN), this letter will be a proof that your girlfriend will be responsible in a case that you will do some bad act here in japan.
2. Schedule Info (TAIZAIHYOU), written here are your main schedule when you arrive here in japan.
3. Bank Account Certificate(ZANDAKA SYOUMEISYO), certify the amount remaining on her bank account. you will need this if your gf will cover your expenses here in japan. if not, or kung ikaw ang sasagot, no need po.
4. Resident Certificate(JUUMINHYOU), resident certificate ng gf mo. she can get it on the city hall where she is living.
5. Invitation Letter(SYOUTAI RIYUUSYO), the one i explained above.
some forms can be download in the Forms & Document Section here in Malago Forum. hope this help even for a little. if you have another question, just post it here. by the way, welcome to MALAGO Forum.