Malago Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 12:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MALAGO SHOUTBOX
May 19, 2018, 05:50:26 PM Osada_23 - questionnaire 
May 19, 2018, 12:13:27 PM Martina - Napauwe po kmi ng 2011 until now dpa kmi nkabalik ng anak ko may penalty daw ako na 5 yrs mabibigyan
May 19, 2018, 12:10:53 PM Martina - Gd am po may gusto lng po k akong itanong.may anak po ako sa japan narecognize nnan cia.pero napa
May 12, 2018, 04:59:31 AM kia4067 - pa help po regarding filipino recognized na anak ko....
May 11, 2018, 12:50:10 PM Lovenana - Good day baka po pwede makahingi advice for karimen test ..thankyou
May 06, 2018, 03:56:38 PM toniego - sir/mam,ilang taon po siyang nakatira sa japan para matawag na long term resident
May 05, 2018, 11:02:08 PM houssein8679 - renewing passport pwde po ba kahit os ako ?
May 02, 2018, 11:28:34 PM kathlynn - japanese entertainer visa approve pero meron possibilty ma denied sa japanese embassy dahil sa NSO
April 29, 2018, 02:01:56 PM queenieayumi - spouse visa denied
April 28, 2018, 11:01:27 PM Chenprince - Mabigyan po kaya ako ng work visa? Sponsored namn po ako ng company. 
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hayao Miyazaki  (Read 8989 times)
striver
WEB Master
MF Hero Member

JOVIALITY

« on: September 09, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »

Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎 駿, Miyazaki Hayao, born January 5, 1941 in Tokyo, Japan) is a prominent director of many popular animated feature films. He is also the co-founder of Studio Ghibli, an animation studio and production company.

He remained largely unknown to the West, outside of animation communities, until Miramax released his 1997 Princess Mononoke. By that time, his films had already enjoyed both commercial and critical success in Japan and Central Asia. For instance, Princess Mononoke was the highest-grossing film of all time in Japan. His later film, Spirited Away, had that distinction as well, and was the first anime film to win an Academy Award. Howl's Moving Castle was also nominated but did not receive the award.

Miyazaki's films often incorporate common themes, such as humanity's relationship to nature and technology, and the difficulty of maintaining a pacifist ethic. The protagonists of his films are often strong, independent girls or young women; the villains, when present, are often morally ambiguous characters with redeeming qualities.

For complete story, click You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login
here
dolfeno09
MF Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »

hey, just state your favorite movie and what you like about it... or you could state movies by favorite order...

ill start

out of the three movies ive seen by Hayao Miyazaki my favorite is-

Princess Mononoke

i like the creative storyline and constant interactions with nature
bebyargubre
MF Newbie

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 08:27:38 AM »

Okay I am glad someone mentioned all this

I LOVE My Neighbor Totoro, along with Howls Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.  I am pretty sure I am going to go see Ponyo in the theater.  I am thrilled for it.

I left my Totoro DVD at my parents house and my nieces and nephews have to watch it every single time they come visit them.  I need to probably just buy a new copy. _

I read an article recently saying that Ponyo may be the movie to finally make Hayao Miyazaki more of a household name than what he may be all ready.
striver
WEB Master
MF Hero Member

JOVIALITY

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »

i like the KAZE NO TANI NO NAOSHIKA.  icon_salute
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: