Malago Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 26, 2019, 01:46:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MALAGO SHOUTBOX
August 16, 2019, 12:54:57 PM Vhea - Question about re-entry permit holding spouse visa
August 14, 2019, 10:49:47 PM Amies - Pahingi Annan akong advice anu po bang mgandang gawin msma pagapply ng COE magchange status muna un 
August 13, 2019, 07:23:50 PM Ryuki - Mahirap po ba ang exam s driving test ng 50 mon?
August 13, 2019, 07:21:23 PM Ryuki - Driving test
August 08, 2019, 01:03:46 PM dar - sino po pwedi mag assist dito punta immigration para sumuko,  tokyo immigration
August 06, 2019, 07:58:15 AM Sakurachan - Immigration
August 05, 2019, 10:57:57 PM Lovenana - Driving tips
August 05, 2019, 09:47:04 PM eru - Ohisashiburi
August 01, 2019, 01:57:41 PM dar - hi miki24 di kita mareplayan puno na inbox mo😥 me tanong pa sana ako🙏
July 22, 2019, 05:44:28 PM Krisan1124 - Hingis Po ako guide for karimen test po
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Philippine typhoon death toll could reach 10,000  (Read 17093 times)
sleep_walk3r
MF Jr. Member

To hell with your popularity™

« on: November 11, 2013, 08:21:16 AM »

TACLOBAN, Philippines —

The death toll from one of the strongest storms on record that ravaged the central Philippine city of Tacloban could reach 10,000 people, officials said Sunday after the extent of massive devastation became apparent and horrified survivors spoke of storm surges as high as trees and winds sounding like the roar of a jumbo jet.

Regional police chief Elmer Soria said he was briefed by Leyte provincial Gov. Dominic Petilla late Saturday and told there were about 10,000 deaths in the province, mostly by drowning and from collapsed buildings. The governor’s figure was based on reports from village officials in areas where Typhoon Haiyan slammed Friday.

Tacloban city administrator Tecson Lim said that the death toll in the city alone “could go up to 10,000.” Tacloban is the Leyte provincial capital of 200,000 people and the biggest city on Leyte Island.

About 300-400 bodies have already been recovered and “still a lot under the debris,” Lim said. A mass burial was planned Sunday in Palo town near Tacloban.

The typhoon barreled through six central Philippine islands on Friday, wiping away buildings and leveling seaside homes with ferocious winds of 235 kilometers per hour (147 miles per hour) and gusts of 275 kph (170 mph). By those measurements, Haiyan would be comparable to a strong Category 4 hurricane in the U.S., and nearly in the top category, a 5.

It weakened Sunday to 163 kph (101 mph) with stronger gusts as it approached central and northern Vietnam where authorities evacuated more than 500,000 people. It was forecast to make landfall Monday morning.

“The rescue operation is ongoing. We expect a very high number of fatalities as well as injured,” Interior Secretary Mar Roxas said after visiting Tacloban on Saturday. “All systems, all vestiges of modern living — communications, power, water — all are down. Media is down, so there is no way to communicate with the people in a mass sort of way.”

Read the rest You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login
here

======================================

The meaning of storm surge must be clearly identified and be informed.
May they all rest in peace...

The more I learn the more I realize I don’t know. The more I realize I don’t know the more I want to learn. – A.E.
学べば学ぶほど、何も知らないということが分かるようになる。何も知らないと分かるようになるほど、もっと学びたくなる。

/sleep_walk3r™
japphi
PINOY AKO
MF Hero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »

Nakakapanlulumo ang mapanood ang mga videos..mga pictures sa nakaraang bagyo...maraming mga namatay...nawawala pa...mga nawalang nang mga tirahan.........

Kami sa 97.1 HEYFM ay naglulunsad nang project na lumikom nang mga donations para maipadala sa correspondent namin doon para kahit papaano ay makatulong.

Sana ay okey lang din sa Admin at kay Striver san na makapanawagan din dito para doon sa mga Kababayan natin na gustong tumulong....
Kahit na sa maliit na halaga lang ay pagsama-samahin natin at magtulungan tayong makatulong sa Kanila.

Makipag-ugnayan lang Akin dito sa Malago Forum o sa kahit na kanino sa mga DJs namin o mag post sa mismong Fanpage o website.

FB FanPage:

You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login

HEYFM website:

You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: