STEP 4: Report of Marriage Application (Method 1: In Japanese Embassy in the Philippines)
May. 11, 2015 (Mon), 296 views
For your documents translation, contact us here in MALAGO.
After your wedding was successfully done, now is the time to do the final step if you want to get your married with the Japanese national be register and approved by the Japanese government and that is by applying or submitting your Report of Marriage. In reporting your marriage in Japanese side, there are two ways to do so. If you want to submit your Report of Marriage in the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines, then this is what you should do.
Japanese nationals are legally obligated to submit a report of marriage to the city hall of their place of residence in Japan, or to the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines (Manila) or Consular Offices of Japan in Cebu and Davao, WITHIN 3 MONTHS of entering into a contract of marriage with a Philippine national. The following documents are required in submitting the report of marriage to the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines (Manila) or Consular Offices of Japan in Cebu and Davao. (2 copies each, unless otherwise stated).
1. Certified true copy of the Japanese National JAPANESE FAMILY REGISTER(KOSEKI TOHON)
2. Certified true copy of the Philippine National BIRTH CERTIFICATE and Japanese translation
3. Certified true copy of the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and Japanese translation
4. Photocopy of the CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY TO CONTRACT MARRIAGE (1 COPY)
5. Photocopy of the MARRIAGE LICENSE and MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION FORM (1 COPY)
6. Passport/Valid ID of person submitting the marriage report
NOTE: For the Japanese translation of items 2 and 3, 1 original and 1 photocopy may be submitted. It will take approximately two months for report of marriage to be recorded in the family register. The Filipino spouse may submit this report on behalf of the Japanese spouse provided that all necessary forms are completely filled out.
BC, MC, Cenomar, Red Ribbon, etc. application in PSA/DFA, click here.
Have problem creating your SPA, Authorization Letter, Affidavit, etc. click here.
Need application form for visa application & other legal documents, click here.