malago logo    Home    About Us    Forum    News

Portal Top

What is the difference of Short Term & Long Term Visa (Resident Status)?

Feb. 09, 2015 (Mon), 311 views

For your documents translation, contact us here in MALAGO.

As of now, there are so many types or classification of Resident Status as defined by Immigration. But you can also simply identify it base on the length of period of stay, and that is the Short Term and Long Term Visa.

The immigration identify SHORT TERM VISA wherein ang magiging period of stay in Japan is not longer than 3 months. And for those period of stay is 6 months above, it is considered as LONG TERM VISA. Take note that immigration dont give 4 or 5 months period of stay dahil ang ibinibigay nilang period of stay after 3 months is 6 months na.

Tourist visa, family/friends visit visa is considered as SHORT TERM dahil ang pinaka-mahabang period of stay na binibigay nila for this is only 3 months sa unang pagpasok nila sa Japan. Then you can only apply for an extension of it, pero ang ibibigay din kadalasan ay another 3 months. Now for a visa with a period of stay of 6 months above, these are all considered LONG TERM VISA. Visa like working visa, Japanese spouse visa, student visa, etc. are all fall in this type.

Be aware na, magkakaroon ng ibang processing kapag ang visa ninyo ay considered na LONG TERM VISA. Example is, pagpasok nyo pa lang here in Japan, they will give you a RESIDENCE CARD, and also you need to register your residence to the city hall where you will be living in Japan. Ito lamang ang ilang bagay na dapat nyong gawin kapag kayo ay mag-stay ng more than 6 months dito sa Japan. Kung kayo naman ay SHORT TERM VISA holder, you will not need this. You will just need a landing permit from the immigration to enter and stay in Japan.

BC, MC, Cenomar, Red Ribbon, etc. application in PSA/DFA, click here.

Have problem creating your SPA, Authorization Letter, Affidavit, etc. click here.

Need application form for visa application & other legal documents, click here.